The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Monday, June 25, 2012

Yellowstone

My family went to Yellowstone a few weeks ago on a little vacation.  Before you start looking at the pictures and wondering why I hate my husband and have no pictures of him, let me tell you now that he was on a business trip and had to miss out.  Makayla missed him a ton, but we still had fun.



 We shared a hotel room with Steven, Alyssa, Korbin (Makayla's best buddy in the world) and baby Aubree (Makayla's favorite baby in the world).  Those kids had a blast together!
 Check out this beast.  We thought it was a large deer at first, but when I showed Devin the pictures he laughed and informed me that this animal is an elk.  What can I say?  I guess I just don't know my creatures as well as the hubs.  Oh well.
 After a long day we sat on a nice little bench and watched Old Faithful go off.  Actually, let me correct myself.  We had nice lady in front of us stand up on her bench to get better pictures.  What we really saw was a great view of her rear end (moron!).  Makayla liked the "big water" though.
 Cute little Makayla with her puffy, pregnant mommy.  Luckily, it wasn't hot while we were there, so I survived.
 Makayla just said "stinky" about a hundred times while we were at the mud pots.  She was right, they stunk big time!
 Grandpa Randy was wrapped around Makayla's little finger the whole time.  Daddy wasn't there, so she had to make Grandpa do everything instead.
 Makayla with her cousin, Leah.  They ate an entire baggie of goldfish in a matter of minutes.  I don't know how Leah stays so petite!
 We came around a corner and there was a mommy buffalo (or fuffalo according to Makayla) with her baby.  This is just outside Makayla's car window.  I would have rolled down the window for a better picture, but come on now--it is a freakin' buffalo.  Take no chances with a mommy buffalo.  You can see the baby's legs under the mommy.  
 Our last night there, we took the kids to a park and let them go to town.  They needed to get some energy out.  It was fun to watch all the cousins going down slides and swinging on swings.  Funny story--so those of you who know my dad, Randy, know that he is an old man that doesn't do a whole lot (sorry pops, but that's how it is).  However, Makayla and Korbin got him to go up into the big toy with them.  He helped them each go down the slide, and then Makayla turned and said "come on, Grandpa!"  I couldn't believe my eyes.  My dad, Randy Rounds, actually plopped himself down on the slide and went down.  I guess grandkids bring out the best in people.
Makayla with uncle Steven and Aubree.  Since our trip she has been asking about Uncle Steven a lot.  I think she liked being around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment