The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

They grow too fast...

It has already been over 5 weeks since I had a baby!  The last 5 weeks of pregnancy were
 never-ending, but the last 5 have flown by.  Sad how that works.  I think our little family has adjusted pretty well to having a new man around the house.  I am very much enjoying my sweet snuggles from a tiny baby, and Makayla is loving every minute of being a mommy to her baby brother.  I can't believe I have 2 kids already!  They are growing so fast, and I am trying to enjoy every second of it before they are my age.





 Makayla just loves Daxton.  If he is even slightly fussy, she whips that binky in his mouth in no time.  She likes to sing quietly in his ear to calm him down. 

FUNNY STORY! Makayla likes to copy everything I do.  She sings to her dolls, puts them to bed with the full routine (she even makes them kneel down to say prayers), she gets them food, and changes their diapers.  Well, yesterday I noticed she had her teddy bear with her, and as always she was mothering it.  I took a minute to just watch her to see what she would do, and then just about died of laughter.  She held the bear up to her chest, then covered him with a blanket.  A minute later she burped the bear, and it hit me.  She was breast feeding her baby!  Wow.  She really does watch what I do.  I need to be careful with that.  She is going to be a stellar mom someday!




 I can't believe how big this boy is getting already.  His clothes are getting a little snug, and I am noticing some new chubbies on his legs and tummy.  It makes me so sad to know that my baby is growing so darn fast, but it is calming to know that he is being nourished well!


 BIG NEWS!
Makayla is potty trained!  That's right folks, potty trained!  Last Saturday I took advantage of Devin being home for a weekend to help me, and we took away all the diapers and put on the undies.  The first two days she had accidents without any success in the potty.  She would happily sit on her potty and read books waiting for something to happen, but it never did.  However, on Monday she pooped in the potty (I fully expected the pee to happen first, but we gladly avoided an accident involving poop!) and I was thrilled.  I could see the wheels turning in her head because I was so excited for her.  Yesterday, she had a partial accident while running to the potty, but she held most of it until she got there.  She took herself to the potty 3 different times without any assistance, and I happily didn't have to change any diapers or deal with any wet panties.  SCORE!  So proud of my sweet girl.


Below is Makayla doing the dishes in her undies.  Don't mind the chocolate on her face.  We made cookies earlier that day and she snitched some dough.  I always give her her own little bowl to stir.  That way I don't get any unwanted finger licking in the main bowl of dough, and she can feel involved.



This girl loves doing dishes!  She makes lots of messes though.


Here is sweet baby boy when he turned one month old.  I love my kids to bits!



5 comments:

  1. How exciting that Makayla is potty trained! I am extremely extremely jealous, but I think that is awesome! She is such a cute little girl and she will definitely be a good mom especially since she has you to watch. And of course mini Devin is a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Makayla doing dishes! What a cutie. The pictures with things about them written on the picture is adorable. You will be so happy you did that in years to come... probably even months to come! Happy 1 month to Daxton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a potty trained little one. It totally stinks having two kids in diapers. Hopefully Braxton will get there in a few months. He is a whole different story than Amelia was. She was also potty trained at about 26 months. Daxton is getting so big, I am sure he will be just as chubby as his sister. I tried calling you the other day, I wanted to chat, give me a call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for potty training! It's great to have that independence, frees up so much of your time, not to mention saves on soap (Hehehe). Daxton is too cute, I need to steel him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel very lucky you got the easy side of potty training. Having had an easy experience and a very hard experience. It is like night and day. I wouldn't wish the latter on anyone. That is great. I am sure she is very proud of herself and that it is helpful to you with no accidents or diapers. Good work.

    ReplyDelete