The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Daxton



Well, it finally happened.  Sweet baby boy decided to join our little family, and not a day too soon!  Can I just say that I am thrilled to have this cute little stink, and even more thrilled to not be pregnant anymore.  I really, really dislike the end of pregnancy--especially after a summer of record heat.

Sorry about the overload of pictures....I can't help it.

Well, on Friday the 17th Devin and I had some friends over for the evening.  The whole time they were at our house I was having contractions, but they didn't seem to be coming in any sort of pattern, so I just did my best to ignore them.  The minute they left the contractions started getting really strong and super painful.  I complained to Devin, but it was about 10:30 by this point, so he went to sleep and I read a book because sleep wasn't going to happen.  I got out my phone and started timing the contractions, and sure enough they were 5 to 7 minutes apart for almost two hours, and I couldn't even function when they came because they were so intense.  Around 12:30 I woke Devin up, called my mom to take Makayla, and we headed to the hospital.  When we got there I had to be monitored for about an hour to see if I was progressing.  That hour was rough.  I have never felt pain like that in my life (OUCH!).  When the nurse came to check me I hadn't progressed and she was going to send me home (I was about to deck her in the face.  There is no way I would have been able to go home without hurting someone on my way out!)  Luckily, she called my doctor and he wanted me to deliver since I was in such pain--LOVE my doctor.

About an hour and a half later I got that magic needle that provided those lovely little drugs, and from there I was set.  It took me about three hours to go from a 3 to a 4 and I was tired from being awake for about 20 hours. My doctor came in a broke my water, and happily, I went from a 4 to a 7 in less than an hour.  About a minute after the nurse left from confirming I was a seven, I felt the need to push (yikes).  She came running back in and told me not to push until the doctor came, which is harder than you would think.  The doctor was only a few minutes away so it all happened fast.  By 6:55 in the morning we were snuggling our new little baby.  I don't know why my babies insist on putting me through labor in the night so I am dead tired by the time they come, but they do.

Don't mind the pictures.  Being awake for over 24 hours, plus labor, plus delivery 
means a very tired Leslee.


 So thrilled to get him here.

 Proud daddy!  He was so excited to get a boy.
 Makayla was in love with baby brother from the minute she saw him.
 Seriously, love at first sight!
 She wanted to hold him every chance she got.  She has to do everything by herself, so she had a hard time with Mommy and Daddy helping her hold brother.
 Daxton was so little.  He was 1/2 pound smaller and 1 1/2 inches shorter than Makayla was.
 Getting ready to go home.  I don't like the hospital, so we got outta there!
 So tiny.  I forgot how small they start out.
At home in his new bed.
 Makayla helping to change his diaper.  She is a good sister...or should I say mommy?
 Makayla loves to have her picture taken, so we did some with her and Daxton.  She was in heaven.


 First bath!  It sure is easier to stick a two-year-old in the tub and let them play.
 My sweet little guy.  I am absolutely smitten with him.
 The two men in my life.  I could not be happier!

I recovered much quicker this time, and I am feeling really good.  I am tempted to go running, but it hasn't even been three weeks, so I am not sure it is the best idea.  I know I won't make it the full six weeks though.  I can't stand not exercising after the babies come out.  It just feels so nice to have room to move and be myself.  Perhaps I will just stick to walking for another week, but then I can't wait to get back in shape!

3 comments:

  1. I see those pictures and I am still amazed at how that is such a mini Devin! Glad everything went well and you are almost back to normal! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the baby. I am happy for you to not be pregnant anymore. I felt so bad for you toward the end because I know how terrible those last few weeks are. Hopefully you are starting to get more rest. -I know what you mean about the exercise. I think after Bailey I made it 3 1/2 weeks and HAD to go play soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck becoming normal Leslee. I think I just reached that point and Landon is 18 months! He is too cute. Love little boys.

    ReplyDelete