The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year.  Makayla just adores Tinkerbell, so she decided she wanted a Tinkerbell costume.  Devin, being the daddy he is, volunteered to be Peter Pan.  I was trying to think of a good costume for the baby when it hit me: Captain Hook!  And, naturally, that would make me Wendy.  Yes, I turned Makayla's costume into a family affair, but it was fun.


Ah, there is my handsome little Captain Hook!


My sister-in-law and I took our kids to the Treehouse for a Halloween thingy they had going on.  Makayla was really excited to get into her costume.




We grew some GREAT pumpkins in our garden this year (even vertically on a trellis!) so we had to carve them for a Family Night.  Makayla got a kick out of it.  She wanted to make a mean pumpkin.


 Helping Makayla make her mean pumpkin.


 Daddy and Makayla displaying the mean pumpkin.  Isn't that thing so mean?  Haha.

 Check out those pumpkins.  We had two more, but didn't end up carving them.  In honor of the Jazz season starting, Dev made a Jazz note.


My brother and his wife have a Halloween party every year.  Look at the fun costumes.
The night before Halloween, I went to a trunk-or-treat with my sister-in-law, Rachel, and her kids.  Makayla refused to take off her pumpkin dress to put on Tinkerbell, so she was a pumpkin.  Don't you love the snow boots she had to wear with it?

Getting all that candy! Yum!


Can you tell she got tired?  She loved the candy, and saying 
"trick-or-treat!", but she was worn out by the end.



This is Makayla in the same dress last year.  She is growing up too fast!


And this brings us to Halloween day!  Our cute nieces came to our house to get some goodies.



That evening, we went to our own ward trunk-or-treat.  Here is Makayla with her crush, Drew.  Aren't they cute?


Captain Hook.  Love that Captain Hook.


Devin's parents swung by our church to see the kiddos in costume.  Here is Grandpa Dirt (Curt) with Daxton.



 After the trunk-or-treat we took Makayla to a few houses in our neighborhood for some extra loot.  She had a blast.


So happy to be home and out of that costume!



My favorite costume this year has to go to my niece, Leah.  I just couldn't stop smirking at her costume!  So clever.


 Happy Halloween!





1 comment:

  1. Your costumes were great.. as always! I wanted to do a theme this year but Steven had other ideas! As for the pumpkin dress.. I almost got teary eyed seeing her last year. Its scary how fast they grow.

    ReplyDelete