The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cakes

So, I like making cakes.  I guess I just like creating things.  I like making them for fun, so they are nothing special.  I told Devin I just want to make cool cakes for my kids' birthdays.  Makayla has already picked out about 20 cakes she likes on Pinterest.  It will be interesting to see what she picks out for her birthday.

I made this guy the night the Jazz played the Lakers.  I was secretly hoping they would sweep the Lakers so I could do a happy dance.  Sadly, they lost that night (okay, okay...they took a beating).  However, the cake tasted good and that made me feel better.


My sister-in-law Rachel had a baby shower a week or so ago.  The invitation had a jungle theme on it, so I stuck with that.  I made the cake the day before, because I knew my Saturday would be busy.  I was sad to wake up and see that the fondant had settled.  It was too thin, so it looks wavy.  Fail.  Oh well, this one tasted good too, so I wasn't too worried.



3 comments:

  1. You are amazing;) these look great you should open a cake shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT A FAIL!! It was cute and tasted great. Thanks for making it. As for making more cakes.. you know you will have plenty of practice making cakes cause I have some kiddos that have a not so talented mom that needs a very talented aunt to make them for them! :) (if that made sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cakes look awesome. Definitely not a fail!

    ReplyDelete