The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

I have always kinda liked Valentine's Day.  I will admit that it is a better holiday when you have someone to share it with (Love you, Devin!) but I still think it is fun to celebrate love, even if it isn't a romantic love.  Makayla is getting to that age where she gets really excited for holidays.  I decided to do a few fun things with her to introduce her to the fun of Valentine's Day.

First thing when we woke up, we made pancakes.  Not just pancakes, heart pancakes!  She was thrilled.


Sometimes I get on Pinterest to look for ideas on cute hair styles for little girls.  Makayla loves to look at them with me and pick stuff out.  She is an ANGEL when I do her hair--truly.  Some mornings I wake up to her tapping my face requesting a specific hair-do. Her hair is getting longer and thicker, so we are able to do some pretty sweet styles. Here is her heart-do.  She always makes me take pictures so she can see it.


My friend Whitney brought over her little girl that morning to decorate cookies.  Makayla likes to look at pictures of Emery on Facebook, so she gets excited when she actually gets to play with her.
 Whitney and Em
 So creative.


 What cookie would be complete without sprinkles?
 Just hanging out watching the fun.
 Cute girls.

For dinner, I thought it would be fun to have a heart theme.  Makayla LOVES to help me cook. Especially when it comes to anything involving dough.  I have to usually give her a separate bowl with stuff to stir when I making food that other people will be eating.  She is a mini Betty Crocker in the making.

 Our first heart-shaped item of food was mini pizzas.  We love pizza at our house, and we make it quite often.  Makayla had a blast making the heart shapes with the dough.

 It takes every ounce of energy in me not to stop her from making things sloppy.  Dang OCD!  I just have to remember that she is only two and still learning.  She is a great listener when we cook, so that makes it a lot easier to have her "help" me. (Check out that post-nap hair. B-e-a-utiful!)

 Ta-da!
 We also made some garlic rolls in the shape of a heart. Yum!

We were also lucky enough to get a visit from both sets of grandparents.  Makayla and Daxton are two lucky little ones to be loved so much!

Valentine's Day sure is different with two kids involved, but I wouldn't change a dang thing!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a very fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of heart shaped pizza. Add that to my list of things to do next year. You might need to email me that recipe for garlic rolls though.

    ReplyDelete