The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Black Island Farms

October 15, 2014

We went to Black Island Farms again this year.  As always, it was buckets of fun, and the kids loved every minute of it.  Each year we get to enjoy a tractor ride out to the farm to learn about the crops, and then we get to search a pumpkin patch for a pumpkin to take home.


I remember when I thought it was tricky to take just Makayla to places like this.  Now I have three of them.  Why, oh why, did I ever think one child was hard??



Looking over the edge of the trailer.  She just quietly enjoyed looking out over the farm.

 Daxton loves things like tractors, but from a distance.  He had been talking about the tractor all week, and seemed so excited.  When it came time to get on the trailer behind the tractor he took off running.  It took me a minute to get to him, because I had Carter strapped to my chest and was trying not to jiggle his poor brain as I ran.  For the first few minutes I had Carter strapped to my chest, and Daxton on my lap.  Poor Carter got sandwiched.  After a few minutes Dax calmed down and then he was fine the rest of the time.

 Checking out those crops.

 Waiting patiently for our tour guide to come cut her pumpkin off the vine.  
 This one took his sweet time picking out the perfect pumpkin.  He just kept wandering to look at each one. I finally had to point out the perfect pumpkin to him so we could go.




 Waiting for the donkey to come over.

No comments:

Post a Comment