The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Saturday, August 11, 2012

60 years!

My grandparents have been married for 60 years!  Can you believe that?  Devin and I have been married four and a half, so we are basically to 60.  Not.  To celebrate, they had a nice little open house reception, and they asked me to decorate.  It was fun, and turned out nice.

 Grandma Janet and Grandpa Dan, as I would call them.  These are my mom's parents.
 I still can't imagine 60 years together.  I hope I make it that long with Devin, but if I don't I still get him for eternity in the next life!
 I set up a simple backdrop for them to sit in front of to greet their guests.
 They never got an original wedding reception, so this was kinda fun for them.
There they are 60 years earlier.  They now have 8 kids, like almost 40 grandkids (totally guessing here) and a whole load of great-grandkids.  I think Makayla was great-grandbaby number 28, and I bet at least ten have been born since then.  Congratulations grandparents!

2 comments:

  1. You were nice to decorate with being that pregnant. I don't think I could have done it in your position. It turned out nice. I think Grandpa told me that they were at like 42?? or something, so good guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it turned out nice. We got the invite to go about 30 mins before it started but Im sure they had a nice turn out and appreciated your help!

    ReplyDelete