The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

More Baking

I've been making lots of cakes lately.  My neighbor came to me with a picture of a cake she had in mind, and asked me to make a cake for her daughter who was graduating high school as the Valedictorian.  This cake was my Everest.  I was so nervous, because I have never been paid to make a cake before, I've just always done it for fun.  However, I was thrilled with the finished product.  I guess I am more capable than I thought!  What a fun cake.  I'm glad I made it.  It helped me realize that I can try some harder cakes and be successful.



These cakes were just for a ward luau.  It was a fundraiser for the Young Women and Young Men.  Devin signed me up to make some cakes for the bake sale, so this is what I came up with.  I found the idea for the beach scene cupcakes on Pinterest, and the Pineapple just kinda happened.  If you had asked me five years ago if I would end up decorating cakes as a hobby I would have laughed at you.  Strange how I've changed so much in just a few short years.


1 comment:

  1. I am never surprised at how great your ending products are! Your cakes are always fabulous and its nice of you to share your talent with others like myself :)

    ReplyDelete