The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Carter Blaine Hubbard


           Well, it happened.  It finally happened.  Months and months ago I told Devin that Carter would be born in the early morning of June 24.  Nailed it.  I am so thrilled to have our sweet baby here safely.  I am even more thrilled to be done being pregnant.  Sheesh.

            On Monday, June 23 I went to see my doctor.  Done.  I was done.  So done.  I think my doctor could sense that I was struggling, so he offered to strip the membranes.  Of course I jumped at the chance!  I am now three-for-three with the stripping of the membranes.  As soon as I left my appointment I started feeling like crud.  That afternoon I made Devin go for a long walk with me, even with the 95 degree heat we were "enjoying".  

            Once we got home my contractions were pretty severe, so I got something to eat and went to hang out in bed.  I called my mom to warn her that she would likely be getting some kids in the night and to be ready.  I was able to hang on at home in pain until about 10:00 that night.  The pain got so bad I knew it was time to go.  My mom and Casandra came down to take the kids and we were off.  We walked into the hospital and the nurses rushed me into a room (thank heavens!) and got me all hooked up to the machines and such.  I was dilated to 5 cm, and fully effaced. 

             Luckily, I was able to get my epidural by about 1:00 am, so I only had to suffer for a few hours.  Once we got the lovely drugs we were able to just "sleep" until it was go time.  Around 5:50 am the nurse checked me and said it was time.  We got all ready and waited for the doctor.  I pushed once to get his head out, and again to get his body out.  He was born at 6:21 am, weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces, and was 21 and 1/2 inches long.  He had a head full of hair and a squished face.  I was in love with him the second they put him on my chest.













              We came home from the hospital on the 25 of June around noon.  Life has been a bit hectic since then, but we are managing.  My recovery has been great, and the other kids seem to be adjusting well.  I certainly hope it continues that way.





I love this baby more than anything.  It is amazing how that just keeps happening to me.  I can't believe how blessed I am.





No comments:

Post a Comment