The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Storm


This has been a strange year for weather.  It rained the entire month of February.  I am not sure that it snowed one time after January 31st.  We had a long Spring with mild temperatures, and a few hot days in April and May.  June was really calm, and it was cool and rainy right up until I had the baby.  Overall, it was a great year to be pregnant, and I handled it much better than the year I had Daxton (warmest year on record for the state of Utah--yuck!).

This summer we have had some pretty serious storms.  One storm in particular flooded our yard.  It was sad to see the aftermath, but our lawn has been super green ever since, so I guess there was a silver lining.


 I went out to take some pictures to send to Devin at work, but I didn't dare cross the bridge.  The water was almost at the base, and it was still raining.  I wasn't really in the mood to be swept down the river.


Once I got across the bridge I was able to get some other pictures, and our renters sent us some.  I was so grateful that the wood chips around the fire pit weren't swept away.  That would have been highly annoying.


As you can see, the rest of the wood chips in the yard weren't as lucky.  I was so worried about my garden.  I thought the boxes had been flooded, but it turns out they were fine.  Again, very grateful that my garden is in raised boxes.


Our bench also stayed put, but all the borders were thrown around.  I was able to collect them all after the storm, because they somehow managed to stay on our property.


The water was really roaring.  I am glad it didn't get too much higher.  That could have been bad.


After the storm calmed down a little more.




This is a road down the street from us.  We got a LOT of water in a short amount of time.  I am thankful that I wasn't out driving in it, that our home wasn't flooded at all, and that we managed to save what we could in our yard.  It could have been much worse, and it was for some of our neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment