The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Coloring Eggs

My kids really enjoy the holidays.  I am not the kind of mom that goes all out for festivities.  I don't need them dressed head-to-toe in celebratory clothes.  I don't need them to receive heaps of gifts or goodies.  I don't need to plan all the food and all the activities for the day around the holiday.  I don't like to spend money on what I think is frivolous. However, I do like holidays, and I do like my kids to have some fun.  I feel like there is a lot of pressure to have big fancy celebrations and elaborate dresses for Easter.  It almost feels like if you don't dress your kids in green shoes, socks, shirts, pants, hair bows, and earrings for St. Patrick's Day you aren't considered a top-notch mother.  I guess I am just more concerned with the experiences my kids have and the time we get to spend together rather than all the extra fluff.  I think I get that from my mom.

  For Easter we colored some eggs together.  Five dozen eggs to be exact.  They just didn't want to stop.  I just enjoy spending time together for holidays. That's all I really need.  Hopefully in the future the kids don't feel disappointed that we didn't have a ginormous party every time a silly holiday came around.









No comments:

Post a Comment