The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Family Field Trips


I like to take my kids out to explore things.  When I was a teacher I noticed that my students that really understood things were the ones who had been able to explore and learn.  For instance, those who knew what firemen did had visited a fire station, or had watched a firetruck in action.  I want my kids to learn by doing and seeing, not just by listening and looking at photos.

Although we still don't get out as much as I would like, I try my best to give them some fun experiences that help them learn and grow.  This adventure was to the IFA in Ogden.  This time of year they have baby bunnies, chicks, and ducklings for sale.  I took the kids and spent about twenty minutes looking at the babies and talking about how they would grow up to be chickens and such.  The kids got to feed the chicks and pet some of them.  I lucked out this time--as soon as I said it was time to go they happily walked out of the store.






No comments:

Post a Comment