The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Monday, April 23, 2012

Feeding the Ducks

We went up to Beus' Pond for Family Night tonight.  We had a picnic, fed the ducks, then walked around the mini parkway.  Makayla had so much fun!
I had to take the opportunity to take some pictures.  It was like 85 degrees today!  I love this picture.  When Makayla sees a camera, she yells "cheese!" and pulls a face similar to this one.  I got a few normal ones, but this one just seemed to stand out.  I may just have to frame it and put it next to her bed.




I get so excited to get home a load my pictures onto the computer.  I will be so glad someday to have these precious moments.

 So here we are teaching the little stink bug how to properly feed the ducks.  She did okay in the beginning.  She threw the bread an entire twelve inches in front of her!
 She did a lot better when Daddy grabbed her as the geese and ducks got close.  She got a little nervous when they got a few inches away, especially when they would honk at her.
 I missed the moment, but they actually ate from her hand a few times.  She would get scared and then immediately excited.

 This is a great place for family pictures!  I think I will have to go back when we are all wearing better clothes and Makayla's hair is actually done.  There is some great scenery up there.
 Again with the "cheese!" face.  Good times.
 I don't know what this face is.
 I don't think any little girl loves her daddy as much as Makayla.  She just adores him.  Melts my heart :)
 This is Makayla giving Mommy 'monkey hugs'.  She basically holds onto your neck and squeezes as hard as she can.  She tends to make funny faces when she is doing it.  We had so much fun, and it was so nice to get outside in the nice weather.  However, if it is this hot in April, I am really worried for August....ahhhhh!


3 comments:

  1. Well first of all I'm a little jealous you didn't invite us! And second of all.. Those pictures are super cute! We got some pictures taken there a few years ago and were fun so you definitely should get some there. Next time you go give us a call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took our kids there often and they loved it, although we spent a lot of time getting soaked and muddy in the little creek that runs into the pond. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of our favorite family traditions there. My girls (and I) get a little nervous when the geese start honking a little too loudly. I am glad you had a nice day. Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete