The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn Picnic

Isn't this just the BEST time of the year?  I think October to December is just great.  I love, love, love Autumn leaves and the beautiful weather.  I like Halloween and seeing Makayla's eyes light up every time she looks at her costume.  I love the extra time spent with family for the holidays.  I love the tasty food for Thanksgiving.  Who doesn't?  And best of all, I love Christmas.  I love the lights, the music, decorating the house and tree, making goodies, the snow, shopping for presents, and I am thrilled to see Makayla excited for Santa to come.  A few times she has mentioned what she wants to get from Santa, and I can see that little glimmer in her eye starting.  However, I am sure I will have like thirty posts about Christmas, so for now let's stick to Fall.

I come from a family full of teachers who are on Fall Break, so we decided to spend the day at the park feeding ducks and enjoying a picnic.  Makayla really likes spending time with cousins, and even her Roper cousins are visiting from Vernal, so she enjoyed our outing.


We fed the ducks, but as always the bully geese took all their bread.  We started with just a few ducks and geese, but a few minutes into feeding them we were surrounded by some rather aggressive animals.  A couple kids got pecked, and we as parents had to softly push the geese away with our legs. Makayla had a goose come right up and take the bread out of her hand.  She got mad and yelled, "No, no! Don't bite!"  I was a little surprised she just kept going along like nothing happened.  That's my girl, no fear!



The boys had no problem getting in the dirt.  They were all over it. (Or should I say it was all over them? ha) Makayla tried to get dirty, but I just couldn't let it happen.  I guess I was just too concerned with duck poop.  I'll have to work on that when Daxton gets a little older...


These are all the cousins, minus the two new babies.


Makayla seems to enjoy the outdoors.  She asks to go to the park or on a walk frequently.  We have to take full advantage now before it gets too cold to even look outside.


 Look at those brilliant leaves!


 She tried to climb every hill and tree with her bigger cousins.  She didn't get too far, but she did well.


 Again with the scenery.  Love it.


She was good to sit and let me take her picture while her cousins were running down the trail.  Cute little thing!

2 comments:

  1. You got some cute pictures!! I just looked through mine and all I have is the back of Korbin's head.. he wouldnt sit still for anything!! This is a great season! And it was fun to go do that with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun trip. It was nice everyone could come. I haven't even looked at my pictures yet.

    ReplyDelete