The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Daxton's Birthday

 This big boy turned one on August 18.  For his birthday breakfast he go some french toast sticks in the shape of the number one, and some watermelon.  This kid looooves watermelon.

 I can't believe I delivered him a year ago.  I tell you what, my pregnancy with him lasted forever, but his first year of life zoomed by.  Strange how that works.

 He isn't walked yet, but he gets around just fine.  I am sure he won't be walking anytime soon.  He just isn't that interested.  Sigh.
 This was Daxton's cake.  While I was helping Makayla pick out a birthday cake, I came across a Sesame Street cake similar to this one, and I fell in love with it.  You can't see the Big Bird beak very well in this picture, but it was there in real life.  Promise.




Since I went with the Sesame Street cake, I just made that the theme of the whole party.  Good times.


 He needed some help opening presents.  He would pull out the tissue paper, but wouldn't reach in the bag to collect his goodies.  He got some fun presents.
 It was great to get some boyish toys.  We have plenty of girly things that Dax would play with, but it is nice to have a variety now.
 He was mad that I wouldn't let him touch the cake while the candle was lit.  He cried while we sang to him.  He wanted that Elmo!
 Goodbye, Elmo.

 Yummy!

 Can you believe that face?  I can't believe this sweet boy is all mine.  I love him so much.
 He kept looking at me as if he was asking, "Uh, Mom.  Is this okay?"  Cute.



And what birthday would be complete without a Super Grandma?  We had a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I love his mad picture. Cute idea for the cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cakes. I love the red frosting for his smash cake, it adds to the effect.

    ReplyDelete