The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Makayla's Birthday

 This little thing is THREE!  Where does the time go?  This is Makayla on her birthday.  This morning I told her I would make whatever she wanted for her birthday breakfast.  I was expecting waffles or something similar, but what did she request?  A hotdog.  Easiest breakfast request ever.


One of Makayla's favorite things to do is to get on my Pinterest app and look at cakes.  This year, after looking at hundreds of cakes, she decided that she wanted to have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme.


Most of the ideas came from Pinterest.



I know, I know.  This seems like I went really over the top.  What can you do when you have all of this stuff just sitting in your house?  You use it, naturally :)




She was so thrilled to be three years old.  A few weeks before her birthday I told her she couldn't even turn three, and that she needed to stop growing.  She replied, "NO!  I want to get big and turn three so I can reach the sink!"  I guess I can't argue with that reasoning.


This is the cake she picked out.  Happily, she picked out one of the easiest cakes we saw.



We had a Mickey piñata and the kids each got a turn smacking it around.



 Get the candy!

 We had lots of guests.  We have great family support on both sides.  Very blessed.  Very.

 Daxton got the boot from Mommy.  He got passed around, but landed happily with Grandma Sylvia.

 I made Makayla go give thanks and hugs to everyone for spoiling her with gifts.

 This kid made it through the night!  Now onto his birthday.....in a few days.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! We did a Minnie Mouse party for Sadie this year..pinterest is the best for party ideas;) you did such a great job! I love love Daxton's birthday cake. So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So big, so fast. Sigh....the older I get the faster time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable birthday party! I am sad we had to miss it cause that looked like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun set up with the fancy table. Bummer I was at work and missed it. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete