The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Busy Summer

We have been really busy this summer!  First, we decided this would be the year that we would have fun with a little backyard makeover.  Let's just say, that has been a LOT of work.  My pregnant body can only take so much, so Devin has been busily working back there to make it nice.  The home had a nice yard when we bought it, but we have a bridge that goes over the Burch Creek into another segment of yard that was just a pile of weeds when we moved in.  Now it has garden boxes, fruit trees, GRASS, and soon it will have a fire pit.  I can hardly wait to finish it!  It will be Fall before we get everything in since a baby is going to throw a wrench in the plan, so I will post some lovely pictures when we get it all done.

Makayla is in love with Grandpa's truck.  We were trying to get sod down the hill, and she insisted on getting in the truck.  Such a good helper.

Next, my plan was to do a little remodeling in the kitchen.  Boy oh boy, has that been a project.  Again, my very pregnant body can only do so much!  However, I think this project derived from my need to nest.  Cabinets are painted, walls are painted, lights are torn down, and everything is almost put back together.  Again, when I am good and ready I will post some before and after pictures.  I LOVE my new cabinets!

Our cute little Stink Bug plays so well while I do all my projects, decorate for weddings, and get ready for the baby boy.  She plays will her dolly for hours, and is just a pleasure to have around.  I hope it stays that way when the baby comes!

 Reading to her dolly.  She is such a little mommy.
 Dolly goes grocery shopping, goes on walks, and just about anywhere else we go.

We broke down and let Makayla ride one of the gross rides at Walmart.  She got a kick out of Big Bird,  but freaked out when the ride ended and we had to go home.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had that motivation! My house hasn't changed much since we moved in.. but I do have high hopes for the future lol

    ReplyDelete