The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

My baby girl turned two.  That's right, two!  I can't believe it has been two years already.  I had to remember not to get teary eyed the day of her birthday.  I miss my sweet, tiny, new baby girl, but I love my independent, active, talkative, smart little two-year-old too.  Good thing I have a bun in the oven, because I am a wee bit baby hungry at the moment.

Makayla likes the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so that was the theme of her birthday.  The battery in my camera died, but wanting to be prepared, I took a back-up camera.  Wow--wouldn't you believe it?  The battery was dead in that one too.  Good planning, Leslee.  Good planning.  So these are the pictures that my mom took for me.  I wish a had more, but that is just how life goes.  You want to hear the real kicker?  Just as we were starting presents the battery in her camera died too.  What are the odds?  Guess the camera gods were against us that day.

 We had a caterpillar cake, balloons, and grapes with some of the fruit the caterpillar eats through in the book.
 Lots of family came from the Rounds side and the Hubbard side.
 Makayla was dying to eat the cake for a whole day since I made it the evening before the party.  She was excited to sink her teeth in!
 Hanging out with some of her cousins.
 The kiddos ran through the sprinklers.
 We had the party at Grandma and Grandpa Rounds' house.  I didn't want to deal with it at my house.  I guess I was too lazy.  Thanks grandparents for hosting!
See all that chocolate frosting?  This is the evening before the party and she kept saying, "two tomorrow!".  Very cute.  I am glad she is two.  When people would ask her how old she was, and she would respond with "one" they didn't believe her.  Now they won't second guess her--hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. You should have told me you needed a camera! It was sitting on my lap the whole time! Sad :( I think I may have a few, I will have to look and let you know. Good job on decorating..it was very cute!

    ReplyDelete