The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Friday, March 28, 2014

Birthday Surprise


I am rather fond of my husband.  He is calm, sweet, understanding, patient, kind, and hard-working (just to name a few).  I believe he is my perfect match in every way possible.  We get along so well, and I just love our life together.  That being said, Devin has not been into surprises.  I can pretty much predict what will happen on anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, etc.  However, this birthday was a different story!  Devin came home from work, collected me, dropped off kids with a sitter, and we headed out for my birthday.  We pulled up to the Ogden Airport to which he said, "pick a restaurant".  Yep, wild surprise, wasn't it?  WRONG!  The actual surprise was that Devin had planned to take me on a helicopter ride!  SCORE!  He worked with a guy that is just finishing up helicopter 
school, and he took us for a ride.  Incredible!


The biggest shock about the entire thing was seeing how little the helicopter actually was.  Picture the smallest compact car you can think of, and that was the inside of this bad boy.





















We wore headphones to drown out the noise of the helicopter, and it allowed us to talk back and forth to each other.  Chris, Devin's friend, asked us where we wanted to go, and I opted to go over the mountains to see Snow Basin and Pineview Dam.  It was fun to fly over our city and point out our house, schools, busy roads and such.






 I missed taking a picture of my own house, so I snapped one of my brother's.  It is one of those....





 This was our view from the back seat.  It was interesting to watch the pilots to see how they controlled the machine.  Nice little learning experience.


 Devin and I were shocked to see all the open land still left in Northern Utah.  Beautiful landscapes!


Pineview Reservoir.  When we finished circling this area we headed up over Avon pass to Mantua, and came out the canyon to Brigham City.  After circling the temple and seeing a few other things we headed back to the airport.  By the time we got to Brigham my baby boy was literally doing flips inside of me!  He was probably wondering what was going on.

Ah, the dear, sweet, love of my life scored big this year.  What a wonderful surprise and a fun adventure we got to share together.  Here's hoping 28 is my best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment