The Happy Hubbard Family

The Happy Hubbard Family
Established March 7, 2008

Friday, March 28, 2014

Welcome Spring

Don't you just love Spring?  I am not a Winter person.  When is snows like crazy I try not to leave my house.  I don't like driving in the snow with two small kids, and I really don't like being cold.  Winter and I are friends until December 31st, at which point our relationship is usually terminated.  By the time March rolls around I usually want to cry because I am so sick of the sludge and snow.  This year, however, was not bad.  February was quite mild.  I will take rain to snow any Winter!  The mountains got what they needed, and I didn't have to shovel as much.  Win, win!


We went to the Zoo the last Wednesday in February (free day!) and had some nice family time.  On our way to the Zoo Devin spotted some deer (yes...while driving in crazy traffic) in a SLC cemetery.  When we were done with the Zoo, we HAD to swing by and check out the deer.  Let me tell you something, these little fellas were friendly.  This one came right up to me and stuck his nose in the car window.  Devin tried to get me to pet it, but I only pet animals that could be an actual pet.


Hasn't the weather just been lovely?  We have just adored these days that are over 60 degrees.  The kids get so delighted when we take them to parks.  We went to the Ogden Parkway and walked a few miles on the trails, then let the kids roam free on the playground.  They were in heaven.



This kid just LOVES his daddy.  Most of all, he loves his daddy to throw him in the air.  He is clearly not afraid of heights, because Devin really chucks him.  It gives me warm fuzzies to watch the kids with Devin.  A girl couldn't ask for a better daddy for her kids.



The kids have been helping me do some Spring yard work.  I was getting garden boxes ready while they ran wild in the yard.  I am so grateful for the property we own.  Most kids are just lucky to have a yard to play in, and my kids have a huge yard with lots of fun features.  I'm not sure we will ever move, because we love the area and property so much.  Blessed.  Very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment